Thursday, November 5, 2009

V-Jump July 2009 Issue.

So, today I got V-Jump's July issue. Usually I wouldn't do a dissection about a V-Jump but, this particular issue seems to be very DragonBall heavy, (and also has some cool art if you're into that thing...). So here we go, you see the cover and you know it's a DragonBall issue. Goku is right smack in the center of this cover!



Of course it wouldn't be a V-Jump issue if it wasn't loaded with goodies, and tear out mini magazines.



Look at this, you get a cool little box to put your cards in (well, after assembling it) and a pack of cards, sure it's a promo pack with only 3 cards but still, that's pretty effin cool...



It ended up being about as big as a cigarette box. I really dig the art.





I do have other cards, not from this particular battle collection but I just get them for the new illustrations...



Opening the magazine, one of the first pages I come across was this:



It's just a start to a section about upcoming DragonBall games. I could scan the following pages but, it's really stuff we already know about the upcoming games. But what is the first thing you notice about this page? The new art? That's what I noticed anyway. I wanted to scan it because well, it just looked pretty cool to me. But for that I think I'd have to rip out that page and I'am not about to do that. But here is, in better detail each individual character (except Goku...and some not shown)....



The first rip out mini magazine is all about the new card game and what those cards you were given in this issue actually do. I wasn't the least bit interested in it but here is the cover:



Again, yes that is new art and yes, I do have another version of that for you:



The other rip out magazine is more about video games based on Shonen Jump manga, I just love seeing Goku among other Shonen Jump Characters...



They don't really go into great detail about anything DragonBall other then showing off Broli in that DragonBall Kai game for DS:



Also a mention about the updated cover art\logo for the DragonBall manga and, I don't know but, it looks like it may come with a battle card of Gohan...



Other then that, I think that's about it. Here is a scan of the cards in the shot above if anyone is interested...


_________________

No comments:

Post a Comment